Dan Cosgrove 2014 Ltd is one of New Zealand’s leading suppliers for Corten steel and it is fast becoming a statement nationwide. Our Corten can be supplied in two different finishes- form hot rolled (black mill scale finish) to a whip blasted raw finish for immediate oxidation.
At Dan Cosgrove we can offer multiple fixing methods with either flat panel to negative detail and hidden fixings.
Facts and benefits
- Protection from climatic erosion (rain, snow, ice) compared to other steel.
Works by forming a coating of dark brown oxidation over metal when exposed to different weather conditions over several years.
- Protects the steel beneath, making it more corrosion resistant and long-lasting than ordinary steel.
- Embraces its surroundings and its final finish is dependent on the environment of where it is installed.
- Requires little to no maintenance when the initial rusting process is complete.
- Protective coating means there’s no need for painting or costly rust - prevention work.
- Naturally occurring oxidation process means the steel develops beautifully with time.